Black colour not detected

Hi!
I’ve created the following automation. It is supposed to delete all keyframes where colour is black (0,0,0). As you can see there is one layer selected with keyframes in two color properties. When I click run as it is, nothing happens. However, if I change the value to not equal (!=), then it does work and removes all the keyframes for both color properties. As you can see in the screenshot, the color of one of them is fully black (0,0,0 as shown in the color property value window).

Any ideas what may be causing this and how to solve it?

Thank you!

Hi @MiguelPV , Welcome to the forum!
The solution to this problem is very simple, but I will also try to show you a way to find the solution yourself in the future.

The only thing you have to change in your automation is to include the alpha channel in the color value in line 5 (red,green,blue,alpha) so instead of “0,0,0” you have to type “0,0,0,1”.

when trying to set a value (unknown property value) without any success I recommend to use the message automation line to show you the current value of this property, if you try to message the value of the color you would see that it returns 4 numbers and will figure it out quickly.

I created a simple automation that make a list of all the match names of the properties named “Color” in the layer with their current value.
you can download it here -
color list.json (8.1 KB)

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks,
Alon

Thanks a lot for the helpful anwer and fast reply!
It solved the problem as expected.

I am trying also to make a similar one but adding a key. However, it add the keyframe at the beginning of the comp time. I was trying to make the keyframe appear where the time indicator is set. Is there a way to do that?

@MiguelPV Nice to hear that it worked!

you can do it by adding 2 lines, one that creates an item variable that represent the composition containing the layer and another one that sets the “time” property of the “Color” property to the “time indicator” of the composition variable.

the composition variable will let you access the time indicator and other comp properties, after creating the item variable you have to set it to the loop that represent the layer and then the property “containing comp”.

the “time” property of the layer “Property/Effect” will determine when a keyframe will be added in the action “add key” (and also can be used to access different keyframes by their time).

Download -
add key.json (9.4 KB)

Thanks,
Alon