Loop Break

Is it possible to break/escape a loop?
Sometimes if for example I have 100+ layers and I test a loop with messages and making a mistake I have to approve each message. I wish there was an option to stop a running script somehow :pray:t2:

This is an interesting question and suggestion, I understand the problem,
maybe a fix will be to create a new message window that will look like the text-box, and adding a button that stops the automation at that point.
do you think this is a good solution?
I also thinks of implementing a “break” function as automation line that will break a loop for faster run time.

Sounds good. Wouldn’t it be better if it was like in the ExtendScript debugger with a simple ESC button? Not sure it’s possible for you.
I do a lot of trial and error and sometimes I regret pushing the RUN button… hehehe… :joy:

Nice , it would be better but I think this is indeed not possible because as the code runs the application freeze so I don’t think that a keyboard/mouse event will work.
I think that a good particle will be to first check the automation on small size test comp but it nice to hear that you are using the script and try new things.
I have a question, assuming that you knows extendscript, what are the benefits for you by using Automation Toolkit over extendscript coding?

That’s a long conversation…
I’ve studied some programming over the years but never really practiced it.
Your automation toolkit doesn’t have “Syntax” so I don’t need to spend hours on figuring out how to phrase my ideas. It takes some time to remember the hierarchy of the objects you programmed but it’s much faster. Especially for mini scripts that I do all the time, for example… Selecting a large number of layers and deselect layers that don’t match a certain criteria… and many other tricks that the Automation Toolkit let’s me script in lightening speed. And also… I’m on MacOS and Extendscript doesn’t work anymore and the transition to Visual Studio is too intimidating for me :grimacing:

Blockquote
I think that a good particle will be to first check the automation on small size test comp but it nice to hear that you are using the script and try new things.

I have very bad working habits

I guess it is a topic for a long conversation :sweat_smile:
I also prefer creating the mini scripts inside Automation Toolkit, the syntax really makes the coding very frustrating… as for vscode this process of moving from extendscript to vscode only looks intimidating, I started developing AT in extendscript and was intimidated by vscode but after using vscode i realized that the process remains the same.
if you will need help with that feel free to reach out.