Calling "layer settings" depending on layer type

Hello all,

CTRL+Shift+Y calls the layers settings depending on what it is. For example, if it’s a camera layer, it will call camera settings; if it’s a solid, it’s solid settings, etc. I would like to be able to do that with an automation whether it is by simply executing that shortcut, or if that’s not possible, using conditions so that it determines what type of layer it is, then calls the appropriate menu command. For example, if it’s a camera layer, it executes the menu command: “camera settings”, but if it’s a light layer, then it executes “light settings”). Is that possible?

I hope I was clear in explaining what I’m trying to say. If not, let me know and I’ll give it another try :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

AR

1 Like

Hi Ariel,
Yes, this is possible and exactly as you described the second way with the menu command, the first way is not possible…
I created this simple automation for you, but I found out that the settings windows will not always open up so you have to double click on the automation to be sure it will open correctly, a very strange bug that I think is on adobe side, I will check this issue further.
Alon

download - Layer Settings.json (15.3 KB)

Awesome, thanks so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

And I’m sure you’ll figure out the issue where it doesn’t always open. It probably is Adobe, like you said. Anyway, I don’t mind double clicking at all!