Modify the - "Renew Selected Layer's Out Point" Automation

I Do a modification of this script to renew selected layers out to time indicator, but what I actually whant is that the in points and also out point renew its points to the time indicator with out modificated the in out that don’t correspond, is just join as a magnet, but I can’t make it works when I try to indicate restrictions about <> IN or OUT positions in relation of the time line scroll for example when IN is after the scroll and OUT just needs to keeps its actually position only IN must to reposition to the time indicator, any idea??

Hi @Alma , Welcome to the forum!

If I understand you correctly, you want to set the out point of the selected layers that starts before the time indicator to the time indicator and the layers that starts after the time indicator you want to set the in point to the time indicator.

you can do that by adding an “If” line and ask if the “in point” of the layer is smaller than the time indicator, and if it is - then set the “out point” to the time indicator.
And add another “If” line that asks the opposite question - if the “in point” of the layer is greater than the time indicator, and if it is - then set the “in point” to the time indicator.

so if the layer start before the indictor we setting its “out point” and if it starts after the indicator we sets its “in point” instead.

You can download the modified automation here -
Cut Layers to Time Indicator.zip (1.5 KB)

Please let me know if you have any questions,
Best,
Alon

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!, I was to close to achieve it but I was complicated myself more than needed, this script comes to me very well